Feel the thrill of being close to more than 2 260 species of animals and 1 640 species if trees and shrubs. The Pantanal was declared by UNESCO in 2000 as a Nature Reserve and is the largest floodplains in the world and has one of the most divers faunas in the world with over 150 bird species, more than in all of North America, and more than 60 fish species, more than in all of Europe – Come of, the Adventure of a lifetime is here!
These wetlands and open marshes have a staggering variety of flora and fauna. This is probably the best area in South America to spot wildlife. There are very few people and no towns in the Pantanal and distances are so vast that transportation is bad that a lot of the settlements and farms uses small plains to communicate with the outside world. Travel y road and boat is of course at the mercy of the seasons.
This area is the the home to a wide range of animals such as caimans (alligators), piranha, jaguars, parrots and a multitude of fish species. Due to its richness the area has also attracted a few cattle farmers who together with indigenous tribes have developed the Pantanal to a prime nature and wildlife destination for visitors.
About the Hotel Pantanal Norte
Since 1974 this pioneer and unique hotel, located at the very end of the famous Transpantaneira Park Road, Km 145, on the banks of the Rio Cuiaba in the Porto Jofre region.
Activities at Araras Eco Lodge (After Dinner, the activities for the next day will be scheduled. Possible choice according to availability.)
- Hiking: Several paths lead visitors to a close contact with its exuberant and varied flora and wildlife.
- Horseback Riding: This is an excellent way to discover the open-grass land and forest, regardless of it being flood or dry season. (Horseback riding is not allowed for children under 6 years old).
- Photo Safari in Jeep: For longer distances, day and night wildlife spotting.
- Canoeing: Paddling or “piranha” fishing along the rivers is certainly exciting yet relaxing.
- The Introduction Walking Tour: The history, concepts, and surroundings of the lodge are presented.
- Night Walk: Favours the adaptation to the environment and the observation of nocturnal animals.
- Sunrise Walk: The daybreak in the Pantanal occurs amid the symphony of night and daytime birds celebrating the arrival of a new day.
Note: The difficulty level of the activities is light to moderate. However, guests with physical conditions may have some difficulties with some of the activities. Please consult us for more information.
Ved skriftlig aksept av vårt tilbud bekrefter du/dere at våre betingelser er både lest og forstått og at evt kansellerings gebyrer kan tilkomme ved en evt. avbestilling av reisen.